Sunday 6 September 2009

" Who is going to follow the instructions ? ", Fledgling said, " I cant, I have to read the inscription ". " I'll do it ". Corcoran said, with under tones' of authority in his voice. Rather, he was giving himself an order, than volunteering for the task. Corcoran moved over next to Fledgling, " Is this where I should begin ". Corcoran turned, pointing down to a vast array of cobbles', lining the foot of the gate, looking at Fledgling, he waited for his answer.


Fledgling pointed downwards', towards' the cobble stone . " You begin from this one, it is the only stone that is beneath the inscription, so as logic would have it, you would surely start from here. Don't you think ? " He said, rather smugly, letting his cleverness get the better of him, as he stood before Corcoran.


" Six marks' to the east, you say ". Corcoran said, as he started counting the cobble stones' backwards with his feet. " One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six marks off to the east. Here I stand over the breeze. What did you say, I have to do next " Corcoran said, already forgetting the words' of the inscription as he stood there." It's real simple Corcoran, just follow the breeze around and then you will find a key ". Fledgling said, as Corcoran rotated around with one foot still on the cobble.

Looking down, he tapped at a piece of loose cobble that was facing towards the breeze. It moved a little from under his foot. " I think I may have found it " . He said as bent down to lift up the stone....

101.

No comments:

Post a Comment