Sunday 6 September 2009

Gathering my composure, I coughed, aiming the sound at Corcoran, who had already started to move forwards. He turned back, walking over to Fledgling as he grabbed him, roughly by the arm, and then forced him to keep up the pace.


" If my reading of the maps' are correct, we should be approaching a gate soon, it will be wedged between this maze and the next ". I said as we turned a very round corner of the maze. There standing before us, was a very old rustic looking gate. Immense in size, with bars squeezed so tightly together, I was sure that I wouldn't even be able to put my fingers' between them.

I bent down, " Look ". I said, as I pointed towards' the bars that were guarding the gate from being entered. " There is an inscription here. Can you see the words' ? " Bending down, body crouched over, they scuttled forward to get a better look. Both their heads' coming in close to mine, Corcoran nodded. " Yes I can ! . The words' are there, very faint but still there. Does anyone know what they say ? " . He said, standing up.

" I know what it says ", Fledgling spoke. " It is ancient empiric, Ryonic language. I learnt how to read it when I was sent into the house of the treasury, to deliver the golden wheat bales' ". He bent down to get a closer look at the tiny inscription.

" Go back on the cobble stone, six marks' to the east, Sitting under your feet is a breeze up to your knees'. Follow the breeze round where you will find me, I am a key. Then, you come back to me ! ".

100.

No comments:

Post a Comment