Tuesday 8 September 2009

Our heads' turning towards' the exit and then back again; as we faced each other. " We're all in agreement then ? " . Fledgling said, as he stepped out towards the exit. I looked over to Corcoran, who looked back at me. He nodded confidently; as I confirmed with a hesitant affirmation. Picking up our steps', we followed on behind him.


Corcoran came to a stand still at the entrance . Looking at me again with his head slightly tipped to one side, raising his brow as he did so. He gulped heavily into the back of his throat. " Fledgling, give me a lift up ", he said, as Fledgling put his hands' under Corcoran's feet. Pushing down hard with his foot into Fledgling's intertwined hands'. Corcoran reached up to grab the ledge of the gigantic step, scarring up with his feet. He found small ridges' to rest on, as he did so.

" Are you alright up there ? " , I asked, as we watched him struggle. " I am fine ", he called back, slightly straining his voice as he spoke. Reaching the top; he swung his leg over the edge, using all of his strength to pull himself up. He threw his body down flat onto the top of the step, laying there for a brief moment before he began gathering himself up onto his feet.

Lowering his head to eye level, Fledgling turned to look at me, " OK ", he said. " It's your turn ". Walking over to me, he crouched down holding his intertwined hands' out, " Ready ", he said . As I lent over towards him , gripping his shoulder as he lifted me into the air. I stood up gently ; easing away from Fledgling, as I lent next to the dusty surface of the gigantic step. Corcoran bent over the ledge, half hanging out. Extending his hands out towards me, I reached up as he grabbed both of mine and pulled me up to the top.

105.

No comments:

Post a Comment