Tuesday 8 September 2009

As Corcoran pulled me up to the top. The stony ledge cut into my skin, like that of a thousand needles', grazing me, hard from under my dress. Gathering myself up, I sat, with my hands' wrapped around my waist, face scrunched up, revealing some of my pain.

Corcoran, lent down again, I could see graze marks' up the side of his arms', as he reached to help Fledgling off the ground. Fledgling, jumping up several times' before managing to get hold of Corcoran's hand. He rotated round, bumping on and off the side of the wall, , as he held on. Corcoran, again battling with all his strength, he offered out his other hand. Swinging it down, Fledgling reaching up to grab it, as he did so. Catching the ends' of Corcoran's fingers', Fledgling lost his grasp; as his hand slid downwards, facing to the ground. He Swung his arm up, this time with more force, getting a good firm hold onto Corcoran's hand.

I could see Corcoran slipping slowly over the edge; with the weight of Fledglings' body attached to his own. I flung myself over his legs', pinning him down to the ground. As he drew Fledgling up alongside us. Rolling over onto his side, he closed his eyes', " Thank god that's over ", he said. " I was beginning to think that I would never make it ". He said, opening his eyes', casting his vision at us.

Corcoran standing up, offered his hand out to me, pulling me up from the surface of the step. " Come on Fledgling its' time to go ". He said, as Fledgling picked himself up.

106.

No comments:

Post a Comment