Monday 14 September 2009

Leaning my hand onto the end of the banister; I looked up curiously, towards the top. There was a landing with an open view, facing out above the main room of the house. There was a beautiful dim light, that came flooding through; beaming in and over the entrance of the door.

I stepped up onto the first; dark - wooden plank that supported the stairwell. It had splintered and cracked with age, creaking, as I made my way up to the top. Walking across the empty landing, I headed straight for the tiny window. Kneeing down; as I looked out onto the landscape that backed onto the village. The moon was enormous in size, as it shone down onto the glistening stream that ran through the fields'.

I heard Fledglings' feet on the stairs'. Following me; he came right up next to me, kneeling down as he looked out onto the open landscape.

A small hand came around the curtain, pulling back at the red woven cloth, as it hung motionless, in the entrance of the door. The elf child walked over to where Corcoran was sleeping. Not much taller than the bench itself. The child was curious about the appearance of Corcoran, as she reached out her hand and pinched his ear, tugging at it hard. Corcoran woke up, jumping from the bed, frightening the child. The child dived head first; under the bench, covering her eyes' and trembling with fear. Corcoran rubbing his ear and frowning, walked over to the opposite side of the room, placing his hand down onto the bench; as he brought his head to the level of the floor.

123.

No comments:

Post a Comment