Thursday 17 September 2009

I gently closed the door behind me, as I followed Wizle back up; towards the celebrations'. Ample was making his way down the hill, looking bemused and bewildered. " Hi " . Wizle said, lowering his gaze upon the ground, as he passed by, avoiding eye contact. Ample said nothing; shoving his hands' into his pockets'; lowering his head further and deeper towards the ground.

As I continued to walk with Wizle, I turned my head gently over my shoulder to embrace a fleeting glance, back towards Ample. As he was making his way down towards the shop, Ample took hold of the door; turning his head towards me; looking back, with a serious silence. Turning his head again, he entered the small stone cladded building; releasing the door from behind him, letting it fall back onto its' frame; naturally.

Wizle looked at me, " He doesn't talk much anymore; he concentrates' on his work, and keeps' himself to himself, most of the time . Everyday without fail, he polishes' the spear, over and over again; until it shines', leaving it sparkling clean. He refuses' to tell us why he does so, but I am guessing, he knows' best ".

I tucked my lips' in, folding them over and in towards my teeth. I would keep my many questions' for Ample, maybe he would talk to me me.

129.

No comments:

Post a Comment