Tuesday 22 September 2009

I eased myself up towards' the edge of the door; twisting my neck around, slightly to the side of me. There he was standing, a needle of darkness, ready for his sweeping attack. Standing there, gripping the spear with both hands', horizontally. He thudded it down, hard onto the ground. The spear sent rumbles', through - out the city, rippling, deep within the ground, like waves' crashing against the rocky shores'. Then with another thud of his spear, a sweeping fire arose, spreading through - out the entire city. Deep within the tunnels' and the conjoining rooms'.

Standing firm against the edge of the wall, the fire missed me, by nearing - inches'. Dropsical, took hold of the edge of his silk gown and tossed it over his head, vanishing, without a trace. I wasn't sure at first, about entering the room, so I leaned down to pick up a piece of broken floor, tossing it in. The stone bounced over the smooth surface of the untouched floor, where Dropsical had been standing moments' before. Nothing happened, and all appeared still. So I entered in, taking slow, easy steps'. I found myself standing in the centre of the room.


I couldn't believe it, I twirled around, looking over my shoulder, to the left of me, and then to the right of me. Turning around to face the table where the two goblets' was resting. I lent down onto the table with both hands'. Looking deep within the goblets', one glass still holding the beautiful, crystal water. I took hold of it and lifted it up to my lips'. I hesitated, hands' shaking, as I placed the goblet back down, looking deep within the chalice.


I dropped my head down, between my shoulder blades', disappointed in myself, I never had the courage to drink from the shimmering water.

144.

No comments:

Post a Comment