Friday 4 September 2009

" Hold on ", I said, bending down. " It's time for me to have a look at this map ". I layed the book down flat onto the street paving. " Shield your eyes' ", I said as I took the front cover, with hesitation I lifted it slightly open, lowering my head down to see if I could see any signs' of the exploding light. With ease, I raised open the cover, revealing the maps' of ryon.

Corcoran and Fledgling, crouching down beside me, both starring at the complicated drawings', looked towards me for the answers'.

" Can you see the path through ", Corcoran spoke, leaning in further towards' the pages' of the book. I looked up at him, " Yes, I can ". I didn't think it best to speak any more, slowly closing the book, I remained silent for a few awkward moments'. Corcoran felt the uneasiness of the atmosphere as he stood up, drawing himself in very close to me. He said, " What did you see, Elena ?. Why, " he said, with sight questioning in his voice. " you seem to be uneasy about something ". I shock my head, still silent. I looked up towards' the surrounding buildings', moving away from them, listening hard for any sounds'.

" Listen ..." , I said. " Can you hear that ". Both Corcoran and Fledgling stared back at me. Fledgling folding his hands' out, spoke, " Hear what ?, Elena, there is no sound ".

96.

No comments:

Post a Comment