Friday 18 September 2009

Chapter 13 : DROPSICAL

He put his fingers' through his hair, as he continued. " The crossing of the bridge was frightening, but once I was across; I felt more at ease. I was greeted by several members' of, Dot- H . " What brings' you here ". I was asked, as I looked towards the back of them. I had never been into area Dot H, before, and was surprised at its' appearance. Unlike the centre of the city, it had less light and the elves' appeared more older and less friendly. I focused my attention back on the person who was speaking to me. " I am looking for Dropsical ". I said. There was a stifled silence, as they turned, pointing towards' a home at the back of them, embedded into the cave. They parted in the middle; to let me pass, not saying another word. As I made my way through, I turned to look at them, but they had already turned back, in the opposite direction. Undeterred by there actions'; I continued.

I looked at the towering home of Dropsical; dark and uninviting as I stood before it. I walked right up to the old wooden door and knock on it, with a very hard thud. The door swung open on its' hinges'. The room I was faced with, had no lights', so I decided to stand at the foot of the door. The breeze that was blowing from inside the house, was cold and chilling to the bone.

Dropsical ", I called, as I hugged myself; in the thin air of the doorway. I heard heavy foot steps' echo on the cold stone floor, as he made his way down towards the front door. Standing there, with his cold hard features', he looked grimly at me. " Yes, and who are you ? ", he said, as he stood at the foot of the door, blocking the entrance.

135.

No comments:

Post a Comment