Friday 18 September 2009

Chapter 12 : THE ACCURSED STREAM

I had never seen Descale, so frustrated before. Turning around, I headed straight out of the door. I hurried along the corridors', down winding stairs', and through many conjoining tunnels'. I had no time to think about, meeting Dropsical ".

He looked at us, as he raised his head from the shadow of the dim room. Taking a deep breath, he continued. "

I was approaching a bridge, that crossed over into area, Dot- H. Stopping before the bridge, I looked across into the vast darkness of the area. A shudder of fear went straight through my body, as I stood there; glaring out, into the distance. I could see the elves' on the other side. I gulped, a deep gulp; before taking a step out.

I reached out slowly; touching the first stone that lined the beginnings' of the bridge. Trembling with fear, I grasped onto the rail, holding firmly with strength, as I started to cross into the area of, Dot -H. I wasn't happy with the command Descale had set me, but I knew he was much more advanced in his worldly knowledge, of the realm of the elves'. So I had no choice but to adhere to his command.

The water flowed from underneath the bridge easily, it was known as, ' The Accursed Stream ', one half being of pure crystal water, running into the city, no one was allowed to drink from its' flow. The other half, however, was the stained water of blood, visually black. It was highly infectious, and whoever drank from the stream; as the story would have it, would incur a terrible wrath upon their own souls'. The nation of the elves' had always' been clean and honest, and never drank from the accursed - stream ". He said, stopping to catch his breath.

134.

No comments:

Post a Comment