Thursday 3 September 2009

Chapter 6 : THE ESCAPE

" Get up it's time to go ", Myron said, pulling at my arm to help me up off the floor. I felt his sharp finger nails' digging into my skin as I lifted myself up. I could see traces' of blood seeping through the sleeve of my cotton dress as he pushed me into the corridor. " Go on move ", he said using his hands' to push me forward , throwing me out onto the dim landing. I looked back at him rubbing my arm whilst frowning in his direction. Holding the book out, Myron used it as a navigator, pointing it in the direction of the stairwell, he nodded at me to move.

I held onto the banister, as I continued down towards the front door with Myron not far behind. I looked over my shoulder as he joined me at the foot of the stairs'. I knew I couldn't go anywhere without the book. I opened the door and made my way out into the street.

Corcoran got up, pushing Fledgling hard to wake him up, " Come on we have to go he stole the book and has taken her ". Fledgling startled by the force of Corcoran's push got up from the floor in haste. Wide eyed and ready for action, Fledgling headed straight for the landing. " Fledgling we cant tackle him in the street. We have to have a good plan ", he said, leaping down the stairs three at a time.

Getting to the bottom, Corcoran flicked his head up behind him. Peering up into the landings'. There on Myron's floor was the old lady peering back. With that Corcoran took Fledgling by the sleeve of his shirt and said, " Come on, lets go ."

92.

No comments:

Post a Comment