Tuesday 8 September 2009

We moved into the large entrance, reappearing out of the other side. We looked out onto the huge wide lake that surrounded us. From beneath our feet, we was standing on a beautifully tiled floor. It was apparent it had been apart of a very extravagant building, at one point in the cities' history. I carried my look across the half tiled ledge; to where the rest of the tiles' must have fallen into the misty lake, with the deterioration of age. The ledge was thin and surrounded by heavy boulders', leading down to a path on the ground.

Corcoran eased himself along the edge of the wall, holding his hands' out flat, to grip the surface of the cliff face; as he started making his way down the rocky terrain. We followed him down, in the half darkness of the night. The rocks' were very crumbly from the moist condensation of the surrounding water. It was hard to make our way down to the bottom. Every now and then our feet would cause the rock to crumble and fall into the lake.

As we reached the bottom, the water flowed onto a small mud bank that lined the side of the lake. Looking cool and refreshing, I bent down next to it, clasping my hands' together as I lifted the water gently to my mouth, sipping it. " It's good ", I said. Corcoran Spoke as i continued to drink, " Elena " , he said, " Don't get to close to the water, we know the beast is residing here somewhere, so we have to tread carefully along our path " .

I looked up at him from my half bending position, turning my upper body slightly clockwise to face him. " Your right ". I said as I stood up, brushing myself down.

107.

No comments:

Post a Comment