Monday 10 August 2009

The rat was middle in size and wriggling frantic, from inside the small net, dangling from Corcoran's hand. " I will catch another before the night is out. " He said. Placing the net down onto the sand. The rat was bouncing around all over the place, panic stricken in his own fate.

Corcoran reached into his sack and pulled out a small cooking set, contrived of a small wooden stake and a two piece wooden tripod stand. He set it up, firmly in the ground. He took the netted rat and broke its neck with a clean break. Crunch, and crack, I cringed in disgust, mouth facing downwardly, he didn't expect me to eat such a thing, I remembered thinking to myself, as he continued to open the net, pulling the rat out by the tail.


He walked over to the water pool, with his back facing towards me, I couldn't see what he was doing, but when he returned, he returned with a nicely presented piece of meat, ready for the stake. He took hold of the pointed sick and pierced it from the top, placing it down onto the tripod stand, he began to cook. The smell was enough to make me sick, after not eating a good cooked meal in a while, I felt faint. Fledgeling said, " It smells great, cant wait to eat it. " A shudder ran down my body. " Awe, I don't know if I can eat that, it doesn't look so great. " In a not so, impressed voice.

46.

No comments:

Post a Comment