Monday 10 August 2009

After resting for a short period of time, Corcoran got up and started to look around.

" There is a breeze coming from the inside of the rocks', I can feel it. " He said, as he held his hands' over the ridged, sharp formation of the protruding boulders'. " There must be away out under them. " He said, as he walked around the small semi circle of sand ridden floor.

I looked up at him from under my cold shivering body, hardly able to speak from my chattering teeth, I continued at best. " There must be a tunnel somewhere inside that pool of water,
otherwise we would find ourselves' flooded out. I bet there is a route that can lead us out of here. " I suggested. Corcoran looked at me from his sand covered face.

" Well I think we should rest before we make our next move. " He said, as he reached for his sack. He pulled out a small hunting knife and a little string like net, he placed it down next to the edges' of the boulders' and retraced his steps' back towards me, moving slowly, with the attached string, he lowered himself into a crouching position. " Beetles', rats and other small animals run along here in the dead of night, we might be able to catch one or two, if we stay still enough. " He said. So we waited and waited and waited some more, until finally there was a slight tug on the string and with that he pulled as fast as he could. " Yes!." He exclaimed, running over to his catch, " we are going to eat tonight ". He said, with a giant smile, reaching from one side of his face to the other.

45.

No comments:

Post a Comment