Saturday 29 August 2009

Placing a bent key into the lock, he turned around and looked straight into my face, as he began to turn it in the door. The door opened with a very suspicious, creaking sound, as he stepped inside, widening the entrance for us to follow him in.

Fledgling was eager to go inside and without fear he stepped into the man's apartment. Corcoran turned to look at me, without saying anything he turned again and headed straight in. I still had my doubts' about going in but they had already entered. I had a very brief look around into the dimness of the corridor, before I stepped in.

Fledgling and Corcoran had already started to make themselves' comfortable, before I had even enough time to shut the door. As I was closing the door, another door across the landing opened very quickly. There stood a very old, almost crippled looking lady, back bent, holding a cat.
She was peering straight into the man's door, as I was slowly shutting it. I wasn't sure if she had seen me and I was slightly worried for a few moments' about the new situation we found ourselves' to be in.

As I turned around, moving on into the apartment, I noticed many curious objects', surrounding me. I moved into a very tiny room, where Corcoran and Fledgling had already settled down onto some beautiful wooden chairs' that rested near the window where I had spotted the peculiar man, moments' before.

The man was in another room, boiling something up, the smell was delicious. I found a small chair to rest down on. The man greeted us with glasses' filled to the top, with a steaming yellow drink. The aroma smelt so sweet, it enticed me to take first. So I lent out my hand and without thinking, I touched the hot glass, burning my fingers' as I did so.

84.

No comments:

Post a Comment