Saturday 29 August 2009

Being out numbered, I started to walk in line with Corcoran's steps'. The man was hastening his arms', waving them around, in a hurry he began to retreat quickly towards' the towering building.

Fledgling being in front, hurried along, catching the pace that the man set. Me, being the last in the building, the man looked down from the stairwell, he hung his hands', heavy over the rail and made a very hard gesture to pull the door shut , without further hesitation I grab the semi circle handle and slammed it as hard and as fast as I could.

Corcoran and Fledgling had already started to climb the stairwell, following close behind the man. I stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at the vast journey to the top. As I stood there I felt dizzy, loosing my footing slightly before reaching out and grabbing the end of the banister.

The lights' in the building were dim and every now and then, they would flicker as we continued to climb the stairs'. The man didn't make any sound on the stairwell, while he was leading the way. We followed him with surety it was for our own benefit. Reaching the landing, I managed to catch up with them, as the man took out a strange looking bunch of keys', he fiddled around with them, as if he was in a panic to get into his apartment.

83.

No comments:

Post a Comment