Monday 31 August 2009

As I slid back into my chair, leaving the drink resting on there, the little old man put the tray down onto a small table in the middle of the room. He walked over to a chair, backing onto a very old bookshelf and continued to sit down. " My name is Myron, the sweet smell ", he said. As he held tightly onto the brim of his chair. " I know who you are , " he said, looking directly at me once again. I turned to face Corcoran and Fledgling, they appeared to be very comfortable about the whole situation. I frowned in my uneasiness, as I turned in apprehension, back towards Myron. " Yes, " he said, " I have been waiting for you ".


I pouted my lips', tending an unhappy smile, before I spoke. " What is it that you think you have been waiting for " , I aimed back at him.


" I have been waiting for you, Elena ". He said, as I swallowed a gulp of air with a shock of exclamation. " Have you something for me " , he added.


" What do you mean ? " , I replied, tending to misunderstand him.


" Maybe a little something to add to my collection, behind me " , he said. I gave him a sly sidewards glance, then looked on in the direction of Corcoran, who had already started to drink from one of the sweet smelling cups', that was resting on an eloquent gold tray. There was something very wrong here, I remembered thinking to myself.


85.

No comments:

Post a Comment