Saturday 15 August 2009

It was getting late and I knew if I didn't make a move soon, I wouldn't be able to go. Just when I was losing hope of getting out that night, I heard someone calling from one of the houses', from the other side of another curving hill route.

"Centurion, Centurion, over here, the game is about to start." The voice called out, casting a slight echo as he spoke. The guards' shut off there flamed lit touches' that hung over their cabin walls' and walked casually away from their post. I couldn't believe my luck, they would surly be punished if they were discovered away from their posts' but still they left.

I peered around the corner of the house and saw the tall wooden gate shut behind them as they greeted each other, shaking hands' and laughing, walking into a wall covered garden. As I saw the last pieces' of light fade away from inside the gate, I made a dash for the new zone. I ran as fast as I could to get onto the next boarder, panting hard as I crossed the invisible line.

As I left behind my old life, standing before me was nothingness all around, empty to what appeared to be miles' in front of me. A flat hard stone surface, nothing to hide behind, only the distance. So I had to move fast or the guards' would have spotted me. I ran far across the flat surface for as long as I could. Not stopping, but looking back every now and then to make sure I wasn't being chased.

62.

No comments:

Post a Comment