Saturday 15 August 2009

I cant remember how long I was running for, I must have been running most of the night through. Feeling tired, I peered over my shoulder, I couldn't see any signs' of my home zone and slowed down my pace. I started to walk, knowing that I would die if I stopped, so I just trod on, struggling towards' the end of my journey, not knowing what to expect when I reached my next destination. Would the people be hostile, would they greet me, throw me to the giant red ants' in the arena ?. I wasn't sure about anything, the only thing I could do was move on towards' the next zone.

As I was losing hope of ever finding a different city zone, I saw a shimmer in the distance, silvery speckles' running along in thin horizontal lines', across the horizon. I knew I wasn't far, I started to pick up my pace once again, in hope that the people would welcome me with compassion and mercy. Maybe they would take pity on me and help me. It was a chance I was prepared to take, not knowing if I would live or die, I knew if I didn't take the risk, I would die anyhow.

Approaching in hesitation, I came up to gigantic, silver metal gates' that shielded the cities' zone from incoming adventurers and enemies'. The wall ran along the whole frontier of the horizon and I remember feeling like the smallest insect ever. There was no gape between the shielded doors' and the floor and I remember feeling completely shut out and very scared at that point.

Fledgling looked at me, this time over his shoulder," so you see, " he said, " its' been hard for me, a real struggle." He put his head down and continued his story, while we waited for the appearance of Corcoran.

63.

No comments:

Post a Comment