Monday 31 August 2009

I looked straight into Myron's face, squinted my eyes' at him and spoke firmly, " I have know idea what you are talking about and my name is Georgie, not Elena as you say, I think it must be a case of mistaken identity ", I said. Shifting my head slightly down towards the floor, looking at him, this time from underneath my eyes'.

" No ! ", he exclaimed harshly, banging the arm of his chair. " You are lying, now give it to me ! ".

Corcoran eased the bag gently under him, as the old man became more aggressive towards me. " You have it, don't you ? " , he said. This time with panic in his voice. " You have the book, the maps' of ryon, I need it. Now give it to me ! ", he said, as he lent forward, in his chair moving even closer towards me.

Fledgling stood up and handed me a drink from the tray as to distract Myron from his questioning about the book. I sipped at the drink, easy from the steaming glass, holding it at my lips for a few more moments' as not to reply him in such a hurry. I eased the glass down next to the edge of my chair and spoke directly at him.

" What is this book that you are asking me about ? ".

Myron eased back in his chair and sighed with disappointed, " I have been waiting for it, I need it to get to the stone of Shanzan ". He said, hanging his head in a very disheartened way.

86.

No comments:

Post a Comment