Saturday 22 August 2009

I felt an enormous shudder, as the centurions' started to wake, their bodies washing over with flesh before my very eyes'. In a fit of panic, I gathered myself up onto the cracking surface, still finding it difficult to get my balance on the shaking ground, I had to take a calculated risk. I started to jump the gigantic cracks' in the earth's surface, in hope that I would make it to the other side before the centurions' returned to full life.

I could see Fledgling in the distance, trying to reach me, but it was no use, I was just too far behind on the path and he knew it. He stopped at a massive crack in the earth's surface, there was no way that he was going to get across it, the earth had opened too wide.

There I was, standing in the middle of the path, caught between one side of the path and the other with the centurions on either side, with gigantic cracks', preventing me from moving forward.

I looked across at the towering centurions, knowing I was about to face sure death, as the horses' steam rose from their nostrils', I looked up at the face of one of the giant figure's. Looking direct into his huge eyes', as he slowly opened his deep dark lashes'. I looked around at the other centurions' that were lining the last connecting routes', as the stone of earth's ground was moving further away from them .

73.

No comments:

Post a Comment