Saturday 22 August 2009

The ground was still shaking with tremors', making it more difficult for me to cross the cracking terrain. Corcoran and Fledgling appeared to be in the far distance, nearly reaching the other side, not realising that they had left me behind. They continued to press on.


I was crawling at that point, along the shaking floor, grabbing the ledge of the cracks' and stretching out across them. I couldn't stand up, the shaking of the earth was just too fierce for me to obtain a good balance. Getting across the path from one crack to the next, stretching my body across, I was slowly catching up with them.


Corcoran and Fledgling had just entered the city, excited about getting across they hugged each other with joy. Corcoran tapping Fledgling on the shoulder with smiles', relieved at their success. Corcoran lent his hands' down on his knees, puffed out, shaking his head and said, " I am so glad that's over ". As he pulled himself back up into a standing position, Corcoran realised that I hadn't made it across with them. Still struggling on the path, one of them knew that they would have to go back for me. Fledgling looked across at Corcoran " I'll go ". He said, leaving Corcoran standing there, as he made his way back onto the path's entrance.

72.

No comments:

Post a Comment