Thursday 13 August 2009

Fledgling's face was stern and unhelpful, " I know nothing ". He said, as he headed towards the water's edge. Gazing into the water, with his head down, he turned to look at us.

" Well ". Said Corcoran, " You must know something, you was born amongst them and we need to know as much information as possible, before we head into the city ".

Fledgling hesitated as he was about to speak, then again with a sidewards nod, he said " Sorry I can't help you. "

I placed my hands' onto the sandy floor and picked myself up, I walked slowly over, to stand next to Fledgling. Gazing into the water, with my head down, I spoke to him. " Please Fledgling, you have to help us, the more we know about the people, the better we will be at making our way through to the stone of Shanzan. " I said, without thinking. He turned quickly towards me, " Shanzan ! ". He said, his eyes' were glaring wide at me, " What the deckle do you know about the stone of Shanzan. Who are you and why are you so interested in the stone ? " . He said, as his face was turning red.

I got the feeling that I had irritated him slightly and backed off, coolly sliding away. Fledgling wasn't impressed as his breathing hastened. He became redder and hotter, sweating, the water was falling over the deep red of his cheeks'. The steam vaporising into the air. At that point I knew it best to be next to Corcoran, so without a second thought, I walked quickly back.
53.

No comments:

Post a Comment