Thursday 13 August 2009

As I began to get nervous, I spotted some air bubbles' and sighed with relief at the appearance of life. There, from the depths' of the water, came the fast rising figure of Corcoran. As he surfaced, he looked at me, with trembling lips, moving next to the water's ledge. " I found the inner dimensions of the city ". He said, breathless, as his eyes' wondered back and forth, in a slight daze. " I think the oxygen must have gone to your head ". I said to him, as I helped him out of the water. I pulled him right back onto the sand and covered him with it, to dry him off.

Fledgling came over and helped pull Corcoran's, weak heavy body, into a seated position. " Tell me what you saw ?." He said, crouching down, looking straight into Corcoran's face.

" I saw the heart of the city, a maze of buildings', interloping into one another, thorny rose bushes', trees' of all shapes' and sizes'. I saw animals' of strange appearances' and flying glows' of light, they must have been fairlits'. I have heard of them before from the people of Abdon. They live in small holes' in the walls' of caves' and build their homes' inside them. The fairlits' are kind and helpful, as the legend has it, but if anyone angers' them, they want think twice of tying you up and torturing you with their pin swords'. I haven't seem them before this day and always' doubted their existence. The maze of buildings' will be hard to get through, the structure is complicated and we might get lost or even discovered, so we will have to be careful. I have heard that the people of ' Ryon ' are ferocious. You might be able to tell us more about them, what do you say, Fledgling ?."

52.

No comments:

Post a Comment