Friday 14 August 2009

Fledgling was steaming up, he knelt down beside the water pool and gathered together in his hands', some water to splash on his burning face. Cooling down, the redness subsided and he returned to his normal composure. Standing up, he moved towards Corcoran's sack and picked it up from where Corcoran had layed it down. He opened the flap and continued to put the dried clothes' into it. " I have had enough of waiting around, I need to get back into the city ". He said, as he picked up the remaining shirt from the boulder. Screwing it up in a ball and shoving it into the sack. Closing the sack down and throwing it over to Corcoran. " I am off, I hope you decide to join me ". He said, as he eased himself into the water.

Holding onto the ledge, he said, " Tell me the way through ". Corcoran was playing with the dried sand in his fingers'. " The entrance is straight under your feet, dive down as deep as you can go and you will see a small shady entrance. Follow the route round and it will bring you up into another water pool. The next water pool has something to do with the main water supply to the city, so don't reside in there for too long." He said, as Fledgling pushed away and headed straight down into the water, head first.

I could see that Corcoran was tired after his swim and he needed to take some rest. I wasn't happy about staying behind, I didn't trust Fledgling and wished to follow him through. " I should go on behind him ". I said, looking at Corcoran for some signal of what to do next. " I don't trust him so much, he might betray us, then where will we be. What do you think ? ". He looked at me under his eyes' and said " Go, its the safest option, I want be far behind you, I will just sit here a while to get my energy back and then I will follow you in. " He said, as he layed back against a smooth faced rock, that was sitting behind him.

54.

No comments:

Post a Comment