Friday 14 August 2009

My dress was barley dry, with sand still stuck to it, I was warmer than earlier and feeling a whole lot better. " Should I take your bag through with me ". I said to him, as I picked up the strap that was laying over his stretched out legs'. " It might be better if I hold onto the book, until we meet up again". Corcoran nodded, as he slowly closed his eyes', resting his head firmly against the rock. I eased the bag up and swung it over my shoulder, allowing it to cross my chest as I positioned it behind me.

" OK, I am out of here, I will see you in the city, try not to rest too long here, I need you with me on this journey. " I said to him, as I slid down into the cold shimmering water.

I held onto the ledge with both hands', put my feet onto the surrounding wall and pushed up to take a breath, I followed this action three times' before pushing backwards off and rotating down towards' the opening of the tunnel.

Swimming down, pushing against the current, I found it hard to swim with the bag on my upper body but still just about managed to push myself into the small surrounding tunnel. Swimming in, hard, I could see water bubbles from where Fledgling had been minutes before. I followed them round swimming harder in return to catch the fainting bubbles that I was trying to catch up with. As I swam around the tunnel the light began to fade in front of me dispelling the bubbles and any signs of the motions that Fledgling had left behind him.

55.

No comments:

Post a Comment