Friday 14 August 2009

Fledgling raised his hands' up to his head placing his elbows' down onto his knees', looking at the floor in almost despair. " I returned home from working heard in the slaves' field that evening. That's' where all the people from different city floors' are placed, if found wondering in forbidden zones'. Made to work only for food and shelter and when we need new clothes', they are kind enough to give us what they have spare. The golden thread that the fields' produce, feeds' the wealthy people. They established themselves' on the floors' of the underworld cities', from the time of ' Ryon's ' banishment from the upper world. I hate it, enslaved to a people that enslaves it's own men and women.

When I opened the door to our small home, built into the giant hollowed roots' of the old trees', I found some food on the table, a small piece of bread and then I returned to my bed. The bedding is carved outwards' from the inner roots', flattened against the floor but smooth and comfortable enough to sleep on. I layed down and drifted off to sleep, eventually. I done well for my first night alone, I didn't like being on my own though, because I had heard many rumors that slaves' get kidnapped in the night and taken down to darkened places' within the city, never to return. The slaves' rarely talk about the kidnapping and it almost goes unnoticed, until in the dead of the night when all is silent, then it starts'. The screams' can be heard echoing throughout the darkness. When the kidnappings' occur, the slaves' do not speak the next day and most work hard and retreat back to their quarters', early.

Anyway, I made it through the night and awoke the next morning expecting my parents' home, but to my surprise they hadn't returned. " He looked at me again, this time from under his stretched out arm. " I had some bread that I had found in an old bag hanging on the wall and went out of the house. I looked left and then right, not sure really what to do with myself, but there was no trace of them. I was left days' on my own, working the golden fields'. I asked the other slaves' about my parents', but no one seemed to know anything...

59.

No comments:

Post a Comment