Friday 14 August 2009

After a few more days' of being alone and frantic with worry, rumors' got back to me regarding my parents' disappearance. Friends' in the working fields' began to speak to me. Acorn being the first to approach. " Fledgling, he whispered across the golden wheat threads', whisking around as we picked them one by one. " I heard some news' about your parents' ". He said, as he continued to walk, work and pick. I stopped dead in my track and turned towards' him. " What did you say, I didn't catch it ?". Acorn moved onto the next batch of wheat threads, ready for the picking. " Come closer, Fledgling, I have some news' about your parents." I moved in closer, running my hands' across the threads' to appear as if I was working. The guards' of the fields' were very strict and gave anyone who was showing weakness of lagging behind, a whipping to get them going again. " You've heard something about my parents', Acorn. " I said, reaching my head towards him further.

" You Boy, what is it ? Why are you slowing ? ". I saw the guard raising his whip, dashing it against his stern hand. I put my head down and started to pick the wheat as fast as I could. " Fledgling, rumor has it that your parents have gone to look for an ancient stone, that could release us from this enslavement. " He said, as he placed the golden thread of wheat into his woven basket. " What ! They have gone to search for the stone, I cant believe this. " I said to Acorn, as I reached out for the next pick. " My mother said nothing to me, she just went. ".

" I know ", replied Acorn. " She told my mother, she didn't wish for you to follow her just incase you was caught. You know the punishment is very harsh on slaves' that try to escape into any other zone."

60.

No comments:

Post a Comment