Friday 21 August 2009

Chapter 3 : THE ENTRANCE

" I had a good look at the city, when I came through the first time round. Every now and again they appear to turn to stone, paving the way through. I cant' see another way to get inside, so it has to be done from the front. "

I pushed my breath out, through my pouting lips', as I realised that we wasn't in such a good position after all. " Look at their spears', if they return to life as we are passing, they will surly rein them down on us. I mean, we are quite far and their spear's seem to tower above the city, like the peaks' of the highest mountains'. How many do you count ? I count at least ten on either side. So perfect in stature, it's hard to tell if they're even alive. "

" Well, we cant sit here all day, we will have to make a move soon. " Corcoran said, as he reached over to take his bag from my grip.

He reached inside to pull out his dry clothes', standing up, shaking the remaining water down from his body, as he began to dress. Flicking his hair back, drying the water from his face, with his hands'. Jumping up and down a little to squeeze the water from his boots'. He started to walk close against the wall, heading down along the inside of it, lining the outskirts' of the city.

67.

No comments:

Post a Comment