Wednesday 12 August 2009

As I woke, I found Fledgling standing over me with his eyes' popping out, glaring down at me. I couldn't see him so well, I had to rub my eyes', to clear the haze. I looked up at him from where I was laying down, I could hear Corcoran snoozing as I continued to sit up. I don't think I slept that long, the fire was still smouldering in the corner. I spoke first, bring myself out of the uncomfortable situation I found myself in. " Have you slept yet ". I asked him, as he continued to stand over me. I backed away a little, shuffling more towards Corcoran but not so much as for Fledgling to notice. He nodded his head in a sidewards motion as to say no. " So what have you done then ". I asked him, as he stood glaring towards me.

Fledgling's head fell slowly to his chest, as he turned away from me. " What is it that you wish to know ". He said, his voice became harsh in response. Again, I decided it was best to ignore him and leave the questioning until later. I stood up and walked over to where Corcoran had fallen asleep. I reached down gently to tap him on his shoulder, he came around to my gentle touch. I didn't say anything to him as he opened his eyes', in full view of me. I looked at him and bent down further so that he could see my eyes', I gave him a signal, so that he knew something wasn't right with Fledgling.

Corcoran sat up and yawned, as he brushed the smokey air away from his face, coughing a little from the dust that was rising from the fire. He put his hand up towards his mouth as his coughing continued. " Are you feeling OK ". I asked him, as his arms were pushing away more of the smouldering fire. " I'm fine, its just the ash, it gets to my chest sometimes' ". He said, as he stood up.

48.

No comments:

Post a Comment