Monday 27 July 2009

We sat in the dim light of the candle's flicker, as we fell in silence. For me and Corcoran had heard a very different version of this legend.


Corcoran never mentioned the stone at the centre of the city to Fledgling and I decided to follow in his lead. On that, Corcoran opened the book to reveal a picture of the inner city. I slid up against the inner wall of the very small space that we was wedged between, as Corcoran placed the book down between himself and Fledgling. I leaned over Fledglings knees and bent down to have a very close look at what was at hand.

I could see the outlines of the chambers that we had previously been in, the center chamber, the entrance to the water shaft, the route to the work chamber, had all been marked. I Followed my finger around the lines that had been drawn on the pages' and came upon the section of rock that we had found ourselves lodge in. Though there wasn't any sign or indication of an entrance into the rocks, the map clearly showed another section of the city on the opposite side of the rock face.

A very intricate complexed vision started to form in my mind, I could see maze after maze, a fixed route straight into the center of the city. Fledgling, with his slight twitching movement , seemed uncomfortable, as I was leaning over him. " Can you read what is written in that book. " He remarked, with a stony undertone....

40.

No comments:

Post a Comment