Friday 24 July 2009

I gently reached down and stared straight into the boys' face, " What is your name ?" I asked, as he stared back at me. " My name is fledgling, I was given that name after my family disappeared from the field maze set in the center of town. They just vanished as the story has it, that's all I know." He said , depleted, with a slight sense of grief. " You cant' send me back to the treachery of working in there, amongst those criminals". He said, as he looked down towards the cave bedded, rock floor, with slight disappointment in his posture.

" Right, " I said, as I looked at Corcoran, " Your coming with us, do you know another way out of here ?, is there another exist ?, I asked the young boy in haste, as we stood there in the darkened light, of the cave's grove.

" I do. " He said excitedly, looking towards his own images of inner freedom. " Follow me, I will lead you to the most deepest part of the city, that will lead us to the path of the upper world." He said, with increasing excitement.


So he tock me by the hand, I pulled him back and said " We are not looking for a way out yet, we are looking for something that is hidden in the depths of the city, something so important that the whole of the upper world depends upon it." With that he continued to pull at my hand, so myself and Corcoran followed him, in gentle stead.

The path of the cave was very Sharp and the rocks pushed in towards the skin of our feet, hard and cold, we could feel the slashes of our skin as we followed the young boy along his path....

37.

No comments:

Post a Comment