Wednesday 22 July 2009

Approaching the young boy that we faced earlier, we looked at each other, as I reached out to tap him on his shoulder. The young boy stirred in his sleep, as he began to open his eyes', he looked up at us from beneath his rough sheet, blanket. We grabbed his arm and pulled as hard as we could and made a dash for the far exit, back through the path that we had taken. We had to be quick as not to wake the co workers.

Me, Corcoran and the young boy faced each other, in the darkened cave that we had left earlier. Phoenix wasn't in sight.

Corcoran spoke first, "We need to know what you are working on, down here."

The boy looked up at both of us with his hard dusty, tired eyes, " I only know the pieces I work with fit into a much larger object, I really don't know any more than that.

In deep disappointment we looked at each other, what was we to do now ?...

" Go back, ordered Corcoran, we have to leave now ".

The boy looked unhappy with the decision and started to shake his head furiously, " I don't wish to stay here, I was enslaved from the upper part of Ryon, after I was caught stealing from a wealthier inhabitant, I wish to be free."...

36.

No comments:

Post a Comment