Sunday 26 July 2009

He brought us to the far edge of the inner cave, as he looked up towards the top, " Up there," he pointed.

There before me was a barely visible, very small crack, that lined the rock face. " I have been up there before, I know the route well. " He said. As I stood there, looking in almost freight at how small the space was, not only that, the climb itself didn't look very attractive. I pondered over the situation for a few minutes, before Fledgling had taken it upon himself to scour the rocks. With that of another beep breathe, I began to follow him up, with Corcoran not far behind.

As we climbed higher, the rocks began to crumble away beneath our footing and the icy water that dripped down from the spaces between the tightly wedged rocks, didn't help our quest to reach the small entrance, into, what appeared to be, the unknown. The climb itself was uncomfortable and I started to become more aware of the increasing height, as we was reaching our destination.

Fingers freezing from the icy water, my grip wasn't as tight as it should have been, and I had to take a rest on a boulder that was wedge out from the higher part of the climb. After some time, Corcoran and Fledgling had already reached the crack and was awaiting me to catch up with them, barely able to see them from where I was sitting I gathered myself together, to continue.

38.

No comments:

Post a Comment