Thursday 12 March 2009

I was amazed at the king's haste to leave. I placed the box, along with the encryption, back down upon the table , as I opened the book. It was dusty and browning with age and seemingly difficult to hold. As I opened the book to the first page, it pronounced :

' The Maps' Of Ryon ' encased in the deepest part of the city. No permission is given, that this book should be removed, by any who occupy the sacred grounds' of the, City of Ryon.'

How was it, that this book came to be sitting upon the shelves' of The Kingdom of Abdon? I thought, as I continued to open the second page of the book. Upon the second page lay a picture of the entrance to the city, it wasn't a simple drawing, with many complicated maze like features' with in the cities structure. I wondered if I would ever find my way into the city and how would I ever return?

I began to relax my shoulders' and found myself sitting in a slumping position. Surely it was a task of courage and conquest, much too heavy for a mere girl like myself.

It appeared to come without warning. The book started to lift from my hands' into the air, with a golden glow. The pages' opened to the center as it rested itself onto the table. Upon the book, in the middle of the pages', rested a silver key....

19.

1 comment:

  1. You don't say who wrote this story; it sounds a bit like one of the fanatasy novels that I used to read and enjoy, like Well at the World's End (William Morris).

    ReplyDelete