Friday 13 March 2009

I stood up and walked slowly over to the book. The silver key lay upon the pages' as if it was staring at me, rather than me staring at it. The strength of the silver was blinding to the eye and I couldn't hold my vision upon it, for long. I reached over to pick up the key, as I placed it into a small side pocket on my dress. With that the book shut hard it's pages' and made me jump up on the spot. I tried to open it but the pages' of this curious book, refused. Stubborn and unrelenting.

I decided to look around the room and left the ancient text sitting upon the table. I came right up to where King Eros had stood a few minutes' before, as I looked in towards the books'. I placed my finger upon each book that was level to my eyes'. As I moved across the shelves', with reflection rather then concentration, Noam entered, and with another fright, I jumped again.

" Elena, can I be in your company this afternoon? ", Noam said. I replied, " No thank-you, Noam, I was just on my way out for some fresh air, I would rather be alone ". And with that Noam disappeared behind the door and out of the room, once again.

I hurried over to the table with a feeling of excitement, I grabbed, with both of my hands' and haste, the book and the scroll and without paying any attention to anything else, I made a dash forward-towards the door. I was so eager to get out into the courtyard gardens', I was sure that this was the key to the golden-gate, entrances' that lined the courtyard of the King's land.

20.

No comments:

Post a Comment