Saturday 7 March 2009

I awoke in the morning, to a strong breeze on my face. I turned to face the window, it must have blown open in the night from a gust of wind. With the pain of feeling cold, I returned to the window once again, placing my hand upon it's sharp rigid bars', to close it.

I noticed a man running across the huge sandy forecourt, towards the king's residence. In his hand, he was carrying a very well crafted , wooden - box, it shone out with radiance, with it's ancient, antique, nature. Dark in colour, and highly cared for. The man continued in towards the King.

I closed the window and sat lightly on the end of the bed, I wasn't sure how long I sat there for, but I remember feeling very uncertain about leaving my chamber unaccompanied. As I was without instruction, I began to dress myself in my own garments'. Halfway through dressing, a maid introduced herself through the huge wooden oak- door.

" May I enter upon you ?, Elena ", she said. I hesitated a little, before answering, and replied,

" One minute, please " . I rushed my body back through my clothes' and pulled over the night clothes' that had been kindly left for me. I approached the door, opening it slowly and steadily.

" Yes, do come in ." I said, and with that I continued to open the door.


" I am Noam, your chamber maid " . She announced, in a light way.

" I will help and assist you, in your every need ", she continued.

Carrying on her arm, a brand new dress-draping down towards the ground, more simple in nature than the dress I wore, in the presence of the King, the night before.

" You will do nothing for yourself , at the bequest of his kingship ", she replied .

Noam began helping me. When she had finished, she walked over to the beautiful dressing table. There upon the shimmering surface of the dressing-table, layed a silver handled hairbrush, she picked it up and with it's silk bristles', she gently stroked it across the palm of her hand, as she asked me to sit down on the fine cushioned, bedside-stool. I hesitated at first, not sure, for aunt May's house was never dressed in such finery. But with timid grace, I sat down, as Noam began to groom, and brush my tangled hair.

16.

No comments:

Post a Comment