Tuesday 3 March 2009

Dagan could hardly stand still, he became more restless in his movements'. King Eros, stood-up, from his magnificent, gold - encrusted-throne. Heavy in stature, he came slowly towards myself, and Dagan.

Dagan stepped away, leaving me in full view of the King.

" Name yourself, my child . " He said, with a deep embroiled voice.

I felt afraid to answer, for I had never stood before a king, before. I had lost my courage .

Dagan interrupted with a small fidgety sound , moving again with signs' of agitation.

" She call's herself Georgie, Sir ". He said.

" She is without doubt, the girl of the legend, Sir ". He said, raising his voice, higher as he spoke.

As I stood there, I felt the King's glare, he studied me from top to bottom, leaving no trace of my appearance unturned. The King spoke,

" From this day, you will be addressed as, Elena " .

He moved back across the transparent floor, up to the steps' that were embedded with rose petals', and seated himself, once again, on his throne.

" Dagan ", he proceeded to speak,

" Call for a banquet, the biggest we shell hold, in my Kingdom, of Abdon. "

Dagan hurried away, leaving me standing before the king. With uncertainty, I stood as still as I could, trying not to move.

" You are Princess Elena, your quest is to redeem our city ". He said.

Still unable to raise my voice any higher than that of a breaking branch, I spoke.

" I am sure your wrong ".

" I am never wrong, I am King Eros!. Remember this, if you are to remember nothing more " .

I stood there with a terrible feeling of awkwardness, as I fell silent.

11.

No comments:

Post a Comment