Tuesday 24 February 2009

As I came around, from passing out. I raised my head slowly, still, half-asleep. Only to discover that I was still encased amongst the, brittle-trees', of the forest.

The boy was watching me, from afar.

" I am Corcoran, ' The Shadow Of The Forest '. I am seeking the answer to my question? " .

Barley able to even see him, and in fear of my own death, I bravely answered the strange figure of this boy, named; Corcoran.

" I am on my way, to the village ", I said.

He studied me slowly, over the time I spent trapped in the root like branches' of the old- bare leafed- tree.

" I see ", he said, with undertones' of thought.

" Have you entered upon this way before ? ".

I looked up at him, with my innocent, huge blue eyes', and replied,

" Not this way. I followed you here, behind your path, through the trees' ".

" You shouldn't be here", he replied.

" You don't know what lays' ahead of you. You are innocent of your own worth. I tell you here and now, go home. I will release you from these branches', then you must make your way straight back to where you came from, do you understand me ? !!! ".

I was baffled at the sharp orders', and agreed with him, so he would release me from the dreaded clutches' of the entangled trees'. He came from around the enfolding wood, as to avoid me seeing his face. He started to cut away, at the tough array of roots' that was strangling my whole body. I fell to the floor, bashing my head, on the hard ground, with a thud. When I looked up, he was gone, leaving me stranded in the depths of the forest without the route home.

As the day started to darken around me, it was getting very late. I had no idea of the events ahead, but still wished to continue the route towards the village. I should I have turned back, but I was too curious about what this boy had said to me. I picked myself up; yet again, and started to walk further into the mist of the trees', ahead.

6.

No comments:

Post a Comment