Sunday 22 February 2009


After breakfast, I grabbed my sack, opened the kitchen door, and flew down the path. Heading straight for the gate. As I ran passed the apple tree, I heard my aunt May, calling from behind me.

" Georgie; Georgie !!."

By that point, my energy was flying, and I decided, just to go for it. I ran as fast as I could, towards the gate. I tripped -up, and fell to the ground. I could hear my aunt May coming after me; she ran down the path, heading towards our tree. I picked myself up; I had no time to dust myself down, as I continued towards the gate, I wasn't even looking for the way ahead.

Out of the gate and down the path, I headed for the forest, panting hard, as I ran. I knew May was on my heels'. As I reached the huge, oak- tree, standing before me, at the foot of the forest. I looked over my shoulder, turning slightly around, to see if I could still see my aunt, at the back of me. I could hear her cries', faintly, " Georgie, Georgie ", her voice trailing off into the scattering- soft-wind, that started to blow- hard. I scrambled as fast as I could, into the old oak tree.

The hole was really small and not really fitting for me. But I still managed to get into it. My sack got caught on to the hollow-hole of the tree, and I remembered shaking it off with my arms' trying to riddle out of it. I had to work hard and fast to get it off my shoulders', because the hole in the tree, was very tight, pushing through, I evetually found myself sitting with my knees' folded upwards', pushing hard against my chest.

My aunt May was never the one to give on up a fight, with me, and I knew I had a challenge on my hands'. I could hear her footsteps' crunching on the crummpled leafs', as her two feet, stomped over tones' of broken twigs'.

She was breathing hard, searching for me. " Wait until I find you !!". She shouted the best she could; under her exhausted breath. I was scared of my aunt May, she always' meant business, not the kind of lady to be messed around with. I didn't know what would be waiting for me when I returned; or even if I would make it back, before the night ended.

My Aunt May couldn't see me, and eventually gave-up, and retreated back to the house, behind the old swinging gate. I wasn't sure if she had really- gone, so I stayed inside the tree for sometime, until I was certain that I could hear nothing apart from the noise of the woodland creatures' and the rustling of the trees' in the wind. I started out, head first out; peering around, making sure the coast was clear from an aggressive-looking; middle-aged, aunt May.

2.

No comments:

Post a Comment