Saturday 22 August 2009

No time for stretching, Corcoran grabbed my hand. We walked slowly around the corner of the wall, we stopped, standing at the entrance of the city, in fall view of the Centurions'.My heart was pounding fast upon my chest, I thought it was going to jump out and land before me. Eyes' staring in front, I knew I had to gather all of my courage together, to cross the Centurions. With anticipation, Fledgling eased his foot forward, nervously placing it down onto the sandy surface that lined the frontier of the city.

As he took his first step onto the fluttering sands', blowing strong towards us. With force, it blow into my eyes', hard and dry. I had to shield my face from the burning wind, with Corcoran and Fledgling following suit.

Coughing and choking as the fierce winds' pushed us back onto the smooth surface of rock. Again we found ourselves' outside the fold of the Centurions'. Pushing forward, we walked , this time, without stopping, pushing harder and faster, we entered upon the path once again.

The Centurions' stood above us, with stone features' showering down threats' of death upon us. No time for breathing, I pulled up my dress a little, clasping it around my mouth and tying it at the back of my neck to protect me from swallowing the sand.

70.

No comments:

Post a Comment