Friday 28 August 2009

Chapter 5: RYON

The fairlits' had fled with speed, I saw the trail of their light as they disappeared into the darkness of the city's skyline. We stood before the gigantic city, looking up, at the magnificent, mesmerising view of complexity, as we stepped forward together. Thinking we was about to enter the place where the precious stone lay, when all of a sudden, we was hit with an invisible shield, knocking us back yet again.

I reached out to touch the shield with my hands', placing them over my eyes' to block out the beaming light's that the city was yielding. I saw for the first time, inside this city of wonderment, gasping at its' beauty.

" Take out the book " , I said to Corcoran, who was still rubbing his head with his hand. Corcoran reached into his sack and pulled it out, handing it over to me. Holding it up towards the shield of the city, the book shone it's brightest light, as the shield became speckles' of dust, falling down and fluttering away, before our very feet. The entrance was finally clear, we stepped forward, not knowing what to expect on the other side.

We walked in together, it was easy to hide amongst the bushes that lined the city, so that was where we took our cover. I opened the maps' of ryon, flicking through the page's to find out exactly where we was.

I came upon our position, there on the beautiful plan view, was the way through the maze, straight into the heart of the city.

80.

No comments:

Post a Comment