Wednesday 18 March 2009

Slowly, lowering the book down, laying it flat onto the ground. The title of the book, started to glow as a great sound, came-up, from where I was standing. A small round stone platform pushed upwards, towards me, through the mounted paving, with the book resting peacefully upon it. Then another stone platform pushed upwards, this time with myself standing upon it. The paving moved slowly away in fragments, retracting backwards into itself, like that of a mechanical puzzle.

When I looked down to what was beneath, I saw a very deep-curving-stairway; leading into the dark-depths', of the earth. Stoney and cold looking, a chill came over my body and a cold draft entered upon the spring atmosphere, almost spoiling the pleasures' of the day.

'The Maps of Ryon', flipped open-with inspiration; I looked down upon the pages' . There upon the dusty pages', was an image of me embracing the book; and taking steps' down towards the first floor of the City of Ryon. I looked down again, onto the half-light of the stairs' and beyond that I saw only darkness. With courage, I embraced myself, picking up the 'The Maps' of Ryon', leaving the scroll flat onto the table. I thought I had no need for it, as I carried forth with me, only the book. I began with one- small -step towards the city, beneath the Kingdom of Abon. I heard some very strange noises bellowing out from the stairwell, as I reached with both feet, upon the first step...

23.

No comments:

Post a Comment