Friday 27 March 2009

On our way down towards the first tunnel, a car flew out; missing us by inches'. Not realising we was hanging there, as the air pushed us right back, further; into the corner of the chamber as we swung back and forth for a while, before the ladder settled-down, once again. My feet slipped off from the rope and I found myself dangling for a second; as Corcoran held onto my wrist. I was eager to return to the step. I started to pace down the rope; faster and with more energy to reach the next tunnel, or the ground, any kind of floor, really would have pleased me. We hadn't had any time to plan our next move.

I asked Corcoran if we should try the next tunnel or continue towards the bottom. He replied, " You are the gift of the quest, it is your choice " . So I decided we would continue to the bottom. There wasn't any people walking around and it seemed to be the safest option. The cars' seemed to be using the tunnels' as tube like, roads'. I didn't much fancy like being hit by a flying car, so we headed straight for the ground.

We was almost running down the ladder, towards the ground; the distance was vast and we seemed to be wasting too much time on the way down. I could feel, we was both very heavy on the ladder and every time we stepped down, we heard more snapping and breaking from above. After some time of climbing, we came towards the ground. My legs' gave way to me as my feet hit the ground. Under the strains' of exhaustion; I straightened, myself-up and shock myself down, I needed to feel my own energy. Corcoran wasn't far behind me; I reached out to help him, but he slapped my hand away and simply said, " I am no girl " .

28.

No comments:

Post a Comment