Tuesday 29 September 2009

Chapter 19: KING ARGON

Meanwhile; back in the kingdom of Ryon, King Argon, held a family meeting. " No, No ". He said, " This has to stop. I will not let Eros, destroy our kingdom. I know what this is about ". He said, thudding his fist, down onto the oak table. " It's not that he doesn't wish for our son to marry his daughter. He holds' a grudge, firm in his heart, that you left him; and abandoned his kingdom over my kingdom. He will let his people suffer at the cost of your loves' betrayal ". He looked across at his Queen, who, with her head bowed, and tear trickled eyes', retreated out of Argon's presence.

Argon stood up, pacing the room, looking at his entrusted consult, as he spoke; " I should never have married her, she betrayed Eros, and I have no doubt, in my mind that; one day, she will betray me ". He said , his arms' flying through the air. I see my people suffering at the hands' of my forbidden love ". He said. " What should I do now ? He is more powerful, than I. Yet, I see the state of my kingdom, deteriorate before my very eyes' ". He rubbed his hands', over his mouth, and down past his chin, picking at his beard, between his fingers'. " I have to act fast, before I have no means' to defend, either myself or my kingdom. What to do, what to do ? " He said, still pacing the grand floor. " Let me see. There is only one way to resolve an unrelenting king. We will have to push into his kingdom, we will have to start a war ". He said, " Sound the horns', ready for battle ". He demanded, as he turned his back and walked away.

162.

No comments:

Post a Comment