Wednesday 9 September 2009

The beast's hand emerged half in, and half out of the water, wavering in the air; as it sank back down into the depths' of the steamy mist, surrounding the water. The water rippled hard, causing flooding over the muddy edge of the lake. Already saturated in rain, the shore was unable to absorb the access flooding that had filtered through. Laying there shimmering; three inches'- thick, across the wide, muddy terrain; entering the wooded area that surrounded the lake's district.

Looking down, I raised my foot slightly, out of the wet mud that was eating away at our feet. Sticky and sinking; we had to move. Lifting my head slowing over the wood, I peered across the settling water. " It's OK for now, I think ". I said, as I cocked my leg over the rounded outer shell of the root. Leaving a thick trail of mud, as I did so. Corcoran and Fledgling headed up and over; to join me. The mud thick; up to our knees', Corcoran bent down to take off his boots', and slipped in, down towards the remaining water, as he began rubbing his legs', and feet clean. I got down, standing inside the water, bending to wash my feet too . " Fledgling; wash your feet ". I said, looking towards him as he sat, still perched up on top of the hollow root.

Fledgling. began to roll the ends' of his trousers up, leaning his left foot across the top of the wood, as he did so. Taking his hands' down beside him, he began to untie his bootlaces'. He eased himself into the water, that had already started to subside back into the lake. " He put the tip of his feet in the water, testing it, before drawing his feet into it. Wriggling his toes', as the mud dispersed, clean away. Following the current back down to the waters' edge.

109.

No comments:

Post a Comment