Monday 23 March 2009

Corcoran was the first one to jump down onto the landing, between myself, and the landing, was a huge-gap. I reached out and held Corcoran's hand, as I made my leap from the stairwell.

The light was much brighter and I could see for the first time Corcorans' face. I was stunned at his appearance, breath taking in ambiance, he drew up close to me, I thought he was going to kiss me. I felt his breath on my face; at that point he turned his head away to avoid the embrace.

The passage was long and darkening. There was flamed - lighting; lining the passage as we walked steadily down towards what lay in the distance.

" So now you know your quest, Elena, are you not afraid of what you will encounter ? " . Corcoran's voice was just above a whisper.

" I am, but I am here now, so I might as well deal with it " . I said to him, uncertain of my own fate.

" Do you know the legend of this city, Elena? Do you know the story? Did you talk with King Eros about anything that happened here ? ". For every qestion he gave me, I had to answer him with a firm; no.

" Not anything about this city ", I said.

" I didn't ask him. All I know is; I have to find an ancient-stone, that belongs' in the Kingdom of Abdon."

" Oh, is that what he told you, I guess he forgot to mention, Alvina "....

25.

No comments:

Post a Comment